piggypage: poppyday

Friday, November 11, 2005

poppyday

thanks for dropping by!!
Well yep its Armistice day... or as I call it Poppy day *grins* I like poppys... anyways...
(below) London,with the london eye pictured to the right. a modern twist to Armistice day....
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Today is The day we remember those who died for us in the war - The first world war... Millions of peeps across Britain stand still and silent for 2 minutes at 11am to mark Armistice Day and to remember all those who died in the war.
The 2 minute silence at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month represents the moment when the guns fell silent in 1918, or so im told anyways...

When big ben stricked there is ment to be something like 45 million people who stopped what they were doing to honour those who fought and died for this country. Towns and cities came to a standstill, peeps stood about everywhere like, while businesses and schools
paused to reflect. even moi. yep, I coughed and got the look of death, It is not disrepectfull to cough *shakes head* twit.

er... yep also peeps buy paper poppy and wear them, to show respect, and well it gives the charity money and stuff... peeps who have lost family members, I think in any war it helps... er yep... many the poppys worn and sold are red, but some choose to wear a white poppy, as to show repect for those who have died through war, but didn't and dont believe in war.the classic poppy I believe the poppy was choosen because thats where the solders fell to, Poppy fields, at least that is what they told us when we was kids.


For me when I see the paper poppys for sale it takes me back to being 7 or 8, at primary school. I didn't mind it there to much, it was'nt great or anything but its after that things went down hill... I HATED secondary school, with a passion. its been 6 1/2 years since I left, the people I still talk to from there, they wanna go back, Me no way! I really don't think I could live those years again if I had to, I'd just die I really would. I was bully pretty bad as a kid, but when I hit secondary school it got real bad... Constant.

My home life was no better either... When I look back all I see is darkness... from the ages of 11 - to 16 they was the worse, When I was 16 I left school, I lost over 5 stone that year, I had my first "proper" boyfriend, My Dad was dieing in hospital, had 3 days to live we was told, then with an act of God or something started to get better. one of my friend aho I knew since I was 4 hung himself, it was a strange year. Things was as good as they could be at that time....Later, I realised that boyfriend was the devil himself and had to go though a hole load of heartache. I lost 3 jobs that year, I didn't seem to fit in anywhere but I stuck at them all, but everywhere I went got closed down... My mum didnt make things easyer either but thats a hole other story. I was pretty low.

I was out of work for a few months, trying hard to get in someplace... but nothing for ages, as a last resort I picked out a few jobs and ap' I was walking down a road in town reading the this from the job center, I had one for a packing place, I lived close thought it was perfect, another for a hotel across town, and lastly for a chicken sexer... that job sounded hard, but I couldn't be choosey.....
I remember passing a white sports car parked by the path, I had become intrested in cars as I was coming up to driving age.... I looked at it and throught {id love a car like that} it made me turn my head.
I went for an interview for the packing, never heard from them again.... nothing from the hotel, then I got an interview at the hatchery, went... got the job, Norma said she'd "give me a chance" I started there the following week, I was sat waiting where I had been put, and little did I know but the next person to come though that door was Kev,

He brust though the door, rushing to get his break, he stopped dead when he saw me sat there... he smiled and said hello, to me and I said, shyly "Hi" But its what I thought that was strange, I took one look at him and I thought {so there you are}, weird,
It was at that point Norma appeared, and I was taken away. After I finished my first day of work, I walked home and all I could think of was him. but in a strange way, I knew he was special some how.

I liked him loads, and hoped I would see him each day, I got to know his name, and he was told my name was Katie, lol... This bloke at work started to give me a lift each morning, one morning I got up well late, and almost missed my ride, I ran after him pulling my top on and my hair back from my face, no makeup, Nothing... had'nt even combed my hair... terrible... I sat there panicing, fiddling trying to make the best of it all...
the fella had to drop is car off, had to leave it at the garage... had someone waiting at the garage to take us to work.... of all mornings for me to be late.

I got out of the car, he told me, go get in that white car over there, pointing at a white sports car, No! I thought its THAT car, same road everything, I VERY shyly went over, slowly pulled the handle , it opened, I had come to the right car...
I had No idea who would be sat there.... but guess who was! Kev. I got in, Scared to death! then the other fella too... they talked and laughed about me being so late etc. I died lol

about a month went passed of us chatting, sitting togther, chucking stuff at each other, u know how it goes... I was conviced he must be with someone, and he thought the same of me. both of us too affaid to ask.

then one day, Kev asked me for my phone number. woo hoo! I gave it. he gave me his. we texted each other later that night, I didnt text too much was trying to play it cool. that next day
he text me again, I was walking into town, he said he'd meet me. woo hoo!
he took me to meet his mates in the pub, he was trying to play it cool too lol, but, I didn't realise was all those mates was Girls! oh my god, I sat there girls everywhere around me, I was New meat.... they all came in, one by one and hugged kev, kissed him on the cheek... I was waiting for one of them to snog him or something... I didnt know if any of them was his girlfriends or if they was just mates... and was I just another girl mate?

A bit later we went go to some other place where he had arranged to meet yet more mates, these ones how ever was blokes, Blokes I can handle... they are no threat to me. Im a tom boy.
We got on well togther all of us, and had a laugh, Kev later asked me was I out tonight? he asked did I wanna come out with us? lol, he ment will you go out with me, but had no gutts to say that.

I had to pick up the thing I was in town for for mum, we did... waited for a taxi with it, we just stood there grinning so stupidly at each other. The taxi came, and now was the moment, it was gonna happen or not, I said goodbye, he did too I waited a second or so, and *laughs* he plugged at me to kiss me, misses terribly and runs like mad across the road scared to death, I will never forget his face, lol
I sat in the taxi trying to be carm, I was screaming inside.

The rest of the day I never took me eye off the phone thinking he was gonna cancel on me, now I know he was doing the same too lol,
we met up that night as we planned we would, I decided yep, Now I know he likes me for sure, he kissed me so yep... im in, so I figured when I saw him I would kiss him for real this time...
There he was stood in front of me, walking towards each other, about 2 foot away, he turned right and ran in to a shop, screaming something about chewing gum... *shakes head*

Then one of his mates - a girl mate, wouldn't leave us alone following us everywhere.... she knew it was our first date and all... anyways The first minute she left us alone I reached over the table grabbed him by the collar, pulled him over and kissed him, he looked scared.

6 months later he asked me to marry him, 18th months after that we was Married. we have been togther for over 5 years now, married for 3,
Oh and the car, its Mine now :D

Thanks for the comments!
I love comments :)

3 Comments:

At Saturday, November 12, 2005 5:12:00 pm, Blogger YoursTruly said...

That Armistice Day, from the sound of it, it seem cool. Right here in SG, there's no such day.

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2005 6:10:00 am, Blogger The Cloud N◦9 said...

In thailand we also have Poppy day same purpose but different date.

^^ Everything gonna be better & better I believe.

 
At Sunday, November 13, 2005 4:55:00 pm, Blogger Hanaxis said...

I've never heard snything about Armistice Day, well, maybe it was just because we live in a different culture. Btw, nice blog, but I prefer kenny rather than cartman, lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

linked 2